Friday, July 30, 2010

My Sleeping Inner Artist Sits Up in Bed and Takes Notice


Ok.  I have no business blogging right now, says my rational brain.  It is one in the morning, and I want to get up around six.  Taking little boys to the beach awaits, as does tasting the wares downtown tomorrow night for the annual "Taste of Fallbrook".  But no, as usual, my impetuous side gets the best of me and I just have to share what I just saw.

The image above is an example of "photojournaling" which entails painting paper, creating collage, then journaling on it. 

Wow.

I have been feeling very  creatively stagnant for a very long time.  Part of the process of healing and growing as a person calls for one to embrace the passion in one's spirit and create!  Anything!  Be musical, write, paint, draw, dance, cook, act . . . whatever it is that feeds the spark in your soul and makes your eyes sparkle, we are supposed to devote time to it and embrace it.

About 30 minutes ago, I was turned on to a website showing the work of an artist who photojournals.  Here is the link:


It took my breath away to see these fabulous colors and the tiny, handwritten words, and the random collages. 

I have been (slowly and erratically) keeping a journal in which I paste different cloth and images and words and pictures.  Each page represents me in one way or another.  Some of the pages hold things that I might like to have, like an amazing bedset of distressed, black wood, or a garden of bamboo and moss.  One page held a picture of a tree-house and a few years later, we built one for (me!) my son.  When I was working on my latest tattoo design and ideas, I had my son take a picture of my back, then glued a huge sword on it.  My brother Scott designed an idea for me and I put that in there too.  Here's how it turned out:

Well, anyway, I just wanted to share that my excitement is up.  I am grateful for the tangible things that have emerged from dreaming creatively so far.  I am inspired to try new things.  I love recycling materials and and words in general.  I think I am going to try this new medium, photo journaling.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to post a comment? Click here.