Friday, February 20, 2015

Lent: Day 3

Here's the adorable rock that I wrote about yesterday



So here I am on Day 3 of my Lent "giving up of something good for something better" experience.

It's interesting how our brain naturally goes to default.  When asked by one of my besties if I wanted to do "Girls Night Out" tonight, I felt deprived at the thought of doing so without any drinks.  Usually we do Karaoke at the local dive.  I guess I COULD do this sober . . . but would I want to?  Would it be boring?  How sad that "something" outside of me determines my experiences.  Time to look at this a little closer.

I already had plans for tonight, then a back-up plan, then this third option.  I've decided to stick with my original event, which is to go to a local Film Club and hear a presentation about the movie "Birdman".  I was able to watch it last week with friends on a SAG DVD copy and didn't I feel special!  (SAG=Screen Actor's Guild and the DVD's are given out so that folks can view and watch and vote for the movies.  Those results are compiled and result in the Oscar Awards, which I believe, is this Sunday night.)  The movie was intense and entertaining and intriguing.  I'd like to see it again and I look forward to the presentation tonight.

Here's what I woke up to from my "Transform Your Life" App:
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.  -Richard Bach
Today, smile each time you see the color orange. (Can you feel the limitations falling away?)

So, you know what I had to do, right?!?


There's not as much orange around as one might think, certainly less orange than red.  I figured this paper might help.  So I'm visualizing my limitations fall away.  The limiting thoughts I tend to hold are that I shouldn't dream big, or that if I were "given" a better job or more money or responsibility that I would fail.  So, today I will work on letting those go.  To be honest, I have a bit of a headache, am feeling apathetic and not "living in the now" very well.  For a bit today I believed that when the "weekend started" I would feel better, but you know what?  That's faulty thinking.  That's letting the external determine the internal.  

So, a little time has passed, my headache has receded.  I have had some good conversation and I am feeling content again.  Here and Now.

Thanks for listening.



1 comment:

  1. I feel so impressed with your process. Thank you for having the courage to share your vulnerabilities. Much love and hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Want to post a comment? Click here.