Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lent Day 7: Sage Advice from Sarah Ban Breathnach

  


Simple Abundance is one of those books that can change a life.  Written by Sarah Ban Breathnach in 1995, this book has been a Bible to me since buying it at a yard sale for about fifty-cents.  Whenever I spot a copy at a used bookstore or thrift store, I buy it so that I can give it to someone else in my life.  Simple Abundance uses the concepts of Gratitude, Simplicity, Order, Harmony, Beauty and Joy to help readers realize and create the lives they want to live, right here and right now.  I've read and re-read this book over the years and almost every page has a bottom corner dog-eared, which is what I do to books when I want to reference a page.  I may have even blogged about this book before.

Somewhere along the way I picked up a daily calendar based on the book which I have taken from job to job to job.  On Tuesdays, after my usual three-day-weekends, I quickly read through the days I missed.  Yesterday's was too good not to write about.

February 23
Trust your instincts.
Follow your yearnings.
Respect your creative urges.
If you are willing to step out in faith and take a leap in the dark, 
you will discover that your choices are as authentic as you are.

I found those words so life affirming.  Just beautiful.  It's nice to feel like I'm on the right path.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to post a comment? Click here.