Saturday, May 8, 2010

Power Tools

So I am scarfing down some scrambled eggs with turkey hot dogs and some sourdugh toast, knowing I have no business on the computer as my friend is expecting Jake in 20 minutes, but I couldn't resist! Today I will be painting a desk I have been renovating at my friend's cabinet shop. Should I go for dark blue or purple? It needs to match the walls of my bedroom, which are . . . blue and purple! Sound crazy? Absolutely! There is not a white wall in my house, thanks to my girlfriend, Jess, whom I bought the house from. She rocked the decor and I haven't changed much.

I have been fiending for a desk to call my own for ages. Once I started doing school library work, having my own desk and (gasp!) office has turned me into a person who really revels in her own space! (Like I wasn't this way before, huh?) E and I have been sharing a desk for years and the time has come to remedy that.

Back when we lived in OB, Ned Mathews built me a small, "secretary" type desk that could fit in a closet. The table top folded down compactly. I moved it with us to the house and it has been languishing under dust and bug poop in the garage for way too long. Once I wormed my way into Robert's Cabinet shop, I was inspired to haul it out. (It helped that E was cleaning out the garage and was happy to see it gone!) Erik's one request was that I make it less boxy. Thus . . . POWER TOOLS!!! Guys, if you grew up in your dad's garage, you have no idea what kind of thrill a grown woman gets when "plugged in" and hoisting a nail gun!

So, enough for now. Finish up the breakfast, take Jake to play at Emily's and get grubby with paint! Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to post a comment? Click here.