Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lent Day 26: Onwards and Upwards

I am happy to report that my spirits were pretty high today.  I awoke, only pushed the snooze button two or three times, and had a great time on stage today with the band at church.

Today also marked the end of a short phase in my life, as I received some of my things that had been at someone else's house for quite a while.  They are just things and I could have lived without them, but it felt good to have closure.  I put everything away, not dilly-dallying and leaving the task for later, extending uncomfortable feelings which come from things that end differently than we had hoped.

They say our best teachers are the ones who bring out the the parts of us that we don't necessarily like to face.  I have no regrets and send love and gratitude to this person who was a teacher to me.

I just finished watching "Olive Kitteridge", a 4-episode HBO mini-series starring Francis McDormand.  She also played the main female role in "Fargo", which I recently watched.  It's fun when unplanned themes play out.  She's a pretty sensational actor and the parts she played in these two productions couldn't be more dissimilar.

I am a huge fan of character dramas.  I don't need a bunch of action to keep me interested.  I am fascinated by people and watching them on the big screen is less messy than knowing them in real life.  Olive Kitteridge is quick and rude and pessimistic.  In contrast, her husband Henry, played by Richard Jenkins is so nice he seems like a vulnerable sap.  I am continuously interested in what makes couples tick.  So often I see all the reasons why they don't match up, whether on screen or right in front of me.  I guess they somehow balanced each other out.



This show isn't for folks looking for a "feel good" time, but her brash comments were amusing and even though I guarded my heart against falling for any of the characters, I am glad I spent some time in their world, for no other reason than to be grateful for mine.

Tomorrow starts a 21-Day Meditation with Oprah and Deepak.  It's my fourth or fifth time doing one with them and I'm looking forward to moving forward in my awareness practice.  The theme for this one is "Manifesting True Success".  If you're interested in checking it out, here's a link:
https://chopracentermeditation.com/?utm_source=mts-nurture&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mts-nurture-2

So, I'm about to call it a day.  I am grateful for my life's experiences and for the chance to share them with you.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. Staying busy I see. Think I'll listen to Eckhart share the stillness of silence. Man I LOVE that RED background Judy! Be well dear pensman.

    ReplyDelete

Want to post a comment? Click here.